Since 1885 we’ve been creating access to knowledge for those who may not have had the opportunity to before. Now you’re ready to start your own journey with us. Find out about the different ways to apply. Here we’ll explain the four routes to get you started.
There are three main ways to apply to us, and how you’ll apply to depends on the level of study, and whether you plan to study full time or part time.
You may need to apply through:
The entry criteria for our undergraduate degree programmes are usually shown as UCAS Tariff points. Some courses might have extra criteria you’ll need to meet.Entry requirements
Applying through UCAS
Applying to study a full-time undergraduate degree (BA/BSc/LLB), full-time foundation degree (FdA/FdSc), integrated Masters degree (MComp/MNSW) or MSc Physician Associate Studies?
- You will need to apply through UCAS at www.ucas.com/apply.
- Our guide to UCAS talks you through the application process, including tips on how to write a UCAS personal statement.
- You can also find out more about our entry requirements.
Applying through GOV.UK
Applying to study a PGCE or PGDE?
- You will need to apply through GOV.UK at www.gov.uk/apply-for-teacher-training.
- An early application is strongly recommended.
- Our guide to applying for a PGCE or PGDE talks you through the application process, including tips on how to write a personal statement.
Applying directly to Edge Hill University
Applying to join a postgraduate course (excluding PGCEs), part-time undergraduate degree (BA/BSc/LLB), part-time foundation degree (FdA/FdSc), Fastrack course, a conversion (top-up) degree or Subject Knowledge Enhancement course?
- You should apply directly to Edge Hill University. For many courses, this will involve an online application, although for some programmes you will need to download and complete an application form. A small number of courses require you to submit a CV instead.
- Our guide to Applying Directly to Edge Hill University talks you through the application process.
- You can also refer to the course information for your choice of programme in order to access the relevant application form for your preferred intake date and mode of study.
If you’re an international student there are different ways to apply.
You can usually apply by:
- Downloading and submitting the relevant application form
- Applying online via UCAS for undergraduate degrees or GOV.UK for PGDE/PGCEs
- Using our own online application system
- Via one of our agents or partners
The exact choice of options available will vary depending on whether you want to study an undergraduate degree, PGCE, taught Masters degree, research degree, or an English language development programme or pre-sessional English course.
For further details about how to apply if you’re an international student and what happens next, visit our International pages.
Please note, unfortunately we are not currently able to accept applications from international students for pre-registration programmes in nursing, midwifery, operating department practice or paramedic practice, as well as dual awards in nursing and social work.Find out more about applying as an international student